Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Geoff Raeder <ge...@ssiutilitysuite.com> on 2004/05/25 22:45:25 UTC

SSL for WS between 2 instances of Tomcat

I came across the WSOverSSL tutorial on creating secure web services,
however I'm having difficulty applying it to my situation.  I'm trying
to create an SSL connection between two instances of Tomcat.  One is the
client and one is the server.  The soap transmission occurs between the
two.  Anyway, I have the server configured for SSL, and by following the
guidelines I created both the client.keystore and server.keystore.  My
question is how do I implement the client tomcat and where do I put
client.keystore to make it interact with server.keystore?  Thanks in
advance.

Re: Class Loading Problem

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 11:59 PM 5/25/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>And for some twisted reason, I won't use WEB-INF/lib.

That is twisted!

>Rui
>
>On Tue, 25 May 2004, Rui Zhang wrote:
>
> > Well, I tired both. Neither worked...

What are you trying?  I have certain jars in shared/lib and it works fine
for me.  The jars I put in shared/lib are the jars with javax.* stuff in
them.  These shoudn't been in WEB-INF/lib anyway.  They should be treated
as if they are part of the JDK and, as such, endorsed.

More below....

> > Rui

> > > What is the logic for determining if a library should go in shared/lib
> > > or common/lib?

shared/lib is separate among CATALINA_BASE instances.  That is, if you have
multiple instances of Tomcat running with different CATALINA_BASE paths,
shared/lib with be separate between them (each will have their
own).  common/lib, on the other hand, is shared between all Tomcat
instances.  It is also where you should put jars that the container needs
to see such as JDBC drivers if you are using container managed
datasources.  The server can't see stuff in shared/lib.  If the server
doesn't need to see it, but your apps do, put jars in shared/lib.  If both
your apps and the server need to see the jars, put them in
common/lib.  However, put as much as you can in WEB-INF/lib and avoid a
whole host of classloading oddities.

Jake

Re: Class Loading Problem

Posted by Rui Zhang <Ru...@comlab.ox.ac.uk>.