Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/09/19 13:38:56 UTC

What else could be wrong running Xindice & Cocoon 2

Hi there I have got Tomcat 4 running and Xindice but I experiencing
problems running Xindice with Cocoon 2 .
I ensured the sitemap.xmap is correct ,ensured the match tag is correct
also cocoon.xconf  within my Linux Env

I have copied xindice.jar to< Tomcat4 >/webapps/cocoon-dev/WEB-INF/lib

started Xindice & Tomcat4 I get the Cocoon v2.0.3 Presentation page but
when I try
http://172.**.*.**:9999/cocoon-dev/xmldb/addressbook/ I get resource not
found.

/db/addressbook has been created and Xindice is running on
http://172.**.*.**:4080

Tomcat4 is on port 9999 (As I'm running another Jsp -database driven
site on tomcat3 and other stuff)

my .bash_profile is in order :

export XINDICE_HOME=$HOME/xindice
$XINDICE_HOME/bin is in my PATH=$PATH: etc etc

thus logout and restart tomcat4 and Xindice DB.

Any takers or pointers as someone else had a similar problem on a Win
Box albiet Tomcat & Cocoon same Brush different paint.

--
Regards
Chuck Amadi

Re: What else could be wrong running Xindice & Cocoon 2

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Martin Holz wrote:

>On Thursday 19 September 2002 13:38, Chuck Amadi wrote:
>
>>Hi there I have got Tomcat 4 running and Xindice but I experiencing
>>problems running Xindice with Cocoon 2 .
>>I ensured the sitemap.xmap is correct ,ensured the match tag is correct
>>also cocoon.xconf  within my Linux Env
>>
>>I have copied xindice.jar to< Tomcat4 >/webapps/cocoon-dev/WEB-INF/lib
>>
>>started Xindice & Tomcat4 I get the Cocoon v2.0.3 Presentation page but
>>when I try
>>http://172.**.*.**:9999/cocoon-dev/xmldb/addressbook/ I get resource not
>>found.
>>

>Who says "Resource not found"? Tomcat? Cocoon? xindice?
>What is the complete error message? What do the logs say?
>
>Martin

Hi there here is the error log message as required -  Led to believe
it's Cocoon  Anything else other than methodically go thru the process
again .

*Type* resource-not-found

*message*_Resource not found_

*description*_The requested URI "/cocoon-dev/xmldb" was not found._

*sender* org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

*source* Cocoon servlet

*request-uri*

/cocoon-dev/xmldb

*path-info*