Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David James <dj...@collab.net> on 2006/01/29 06:49:46 UTC

Re: SWIG Python - memory growing out of bounds

On 20 Jan 2006 12:34:41 +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes <la...@gullik.net> wrote:
> | On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 02:25 +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > I have tried to setup trac for use with subversion (1.3.0). So far
> | > with little success. During the initialization of the database, it
> | > crashes due to excessive use of memory. I have used som time on this
> | > and have tracked this problem down to a problem with the pools and
> | > svn_swig_py_make_editor. I have now reached the point where I am
> | > unable to make further progress.
> | >
> | > Please have a look at the trac ticket I entered:
> | > http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2620
> | >
> | > If I can get some directions on how to proceed and what to test now
> | > I'd be happy.
>
> That is where I am comming from (or the ticket system really) ... as
> said: "problem with the pools and svn_swig_py_make_editor", which is
> from the libsvn python bindings.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your bug report! This bug has been fixed in Subversion
trunk and the fix should be included with 1.3.1. If you would like to
fix your local copy, please see the patch included in the Trac issue:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2620

Sorry for the delayed response! In future, please send bug reports to
<de...@subversion.tigris.org>. If the bug is regarding the Python
bindings you can cc me to bring it to my attention.

Cheers,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james

Re: Loosen guidelines/language for the issue tracker

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> writes:
> Max and I were discussing the other side of this coin the other day on
> IRC.  He was saying that there were previously a lot more bug reports
> (around 1.0 the timeframe?), which initially spurred instigation of
> the tight issue tracker guidelines.  If bug reports have slowed up a
> bit, perhaps the language on the tracker page should be changed to be
> more allowing of obvious reports going straight into the tracker?
>
> In any case, I'm +1 on David's suggestion.

Done, r18304 and r18305 (sorry for the two revisions, just a slip o'
the keyboard).

-Karl

Loosen guidelines/language for the issue tracker

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.

Posted by David James <dj...@collab.net>.
On 29 Jan 2006 14:00:02 +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes <la...@gullik.net> wrote:
> | Thanks for your bug report! This bug has been fixed in Subversion
> | trunk and the fix should be included with 1.3.1. If you would like to
> | fix your local copy, please see the patch included in the Trac issue:
> | http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2620
>
> Thanks a lot for that. I had already seen your earlier response on
> this list and also on the trac ticket.
>
> Just to be clear: Is it correct that to test the fix I do not have to
> change anything on the server side (svnserve), it is only on the
> client side the fix has to be applied? (I cannot really make changes
> to the server installation at this time)

This fix is client side only. (The server does not need to be
updated.) Let me know whether it helps!

Posted by David James <dj...@collab.net>.

Posted by Lars Gullik Bjønnes <la...@gullik.net>.
David James <dj...@collab.net> writes:

| > That is where I am comming from (or the ticket system really) ... as
| > said: "problem with the pools and svn_swig_py_make_editor", which is
| > from the libsvn python bindings.
|
| Hi Lars,
|
| Thanks for your bug report! This bug has been fixed in Subversion
| trunk and the fix should be included with 1.3.1. If you would like to
| fix your local copy, please see the patch included in the Trac issue:
| http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2620

Thanks a lot for that. I had already seen your earlier response on
this list and also on the trac ticket.

Just to be clear: Is it correct that to test the fix I do not have to
change anything on the server side (svnserve), it is only on the
client side the fix has to be applied? (I cannot really make changes
to the server installation at this time)

| Sorry for the delayed response! In future, please send bug reports to
| <de...@subversion.tigris.org>. If the bug is regarding the Python
| bindings you can cc me to bring it to my attention.

I'll do that.

Perhaps the language on
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_issues.html "Issue tracker guidelines" should be relaxed a bit?

After beeing chastised a bit ealier, I was reluctant on approaching
the dev list directly.

--
	Lgb