Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/07/16 14:15:09 UTC

GUI vs API

Does anybody know: is there a list anywhere of the CloudStack features that are ONLY available  in the API (i.e. not in the GUI)

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

10/11 July, Bangalore, India<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
21/22 August, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: GUI vs API

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.
Are you looking for features that even though they exist it the GUI only consistently work in the API?  We come across several of those.

Re: GUI vs API

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Maybe this?
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Developers_Guide/whats-new-in-api-4.1.html#added-API-commands-4.1

4.1.6. Added API Commands in 4.1-incubating

   - createEgressFirewallRules (creates an egress firewall rule on the
   guest network.)
   - deleteEgressFirewallRules (deletes a egress firewall rule on the guest
   network.)
   - listEgressFirewallRules (lists the egress firewall rules configured
   for a guest network.)
   - resetSSHKeyForVirtualMachine (Resets the SSHkey for virtual machine.)
   - addBaremetalHost (Adds a new host.)
   - addNicToVirtualMachine (Adds a new NIC to the specified VM on a
   selected network.)
   - removeNicFromVirtualMachine (Removes the specified NIC from a selected
   VM.)
   - updateDefaultNicForVirtualMachine (Updates the specified NIC to be the
   default one for a selected VM.)
   - addRegion (Registers a Region into another Region.)
   - updateRegion (Updates Region details: ID, Name, Endpoint, User API
   Key, and User Secret Key.)
   - removeRegion (Removes a Region from current Region.)
   - listRegions (List all the Regions. Filter them by using the ID or
   Name.)
   - getUser (This API can only be used by the Admin. Get user details by
   using the API Key.)

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

RE: GUI vs API

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Not for 4.1. You might have added UI for the future release ...

IPV6 support is already there and was added long time back (check the quick install wizard and adding a guest network dialog box)  but yeah assigning a template to a specific user is probably possibly via an API .

Re: GUI vs API

Posted by Pranav Saxena <ps...@gmail.com>.

Re: GUI vs API

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.