Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Delapasse, Deanna" <dd...@oceaneering.com> on 2015/05/08 16:21:14 UTC

Restricting Search Results to ES

We're interested in ManifoldCF to help us meet a requirement that our
searches restrict a user's results based on his document access (ie he
shouldn't find something he isn't allowed to see).  We want the crawler to
search the entire repo since we'll have a wide variety of user role-based
permissions.

I understand that the connectors must provide some type of authentication
information that is attached to each document.  I'm hoping to use the CMIS
repo connector and enhance the authentication information it provides.  Can
you recommend an output connector that does a good job of that?

I want to use Elasticsearch as my output connector.  I haven't been able to
find any information on how the output connectors consume the auth info
(there's excellent documentation for the repo connectors providing the
info).  Maybe I'm just not googling effectively.  I have delved into the
code, but would love some kind of overview from the search engine's
perspective!  Is this documented anywhere?

thanks very much!
Deanna