Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Giannakopoulos <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 20:00:44 UTC

How to store an instance of a class in the Configuration?

Does anyone knows how to save and how to retrieve an instance of a class
using the Configuration class?

Re: How to store an instance of a class in the Configuration?

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
I agree. Specially people like Harsh who are always there to answer
everyone's queries !

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Giannakopoulos <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Giannakopoulos <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's a good idea!!! You 've got a point!

Re: How to store an instance of a class in the Configuration?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Configuration is basically serialized to an XML file and shipped to
the worker machines on submission of a job. What are you looking to do
exactly, and why can't you instantiate the class again in the tasks?

--
Harsh J