Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es> on 2007/03/02 14:36:49 UTC

WebServices and SSL

Hello

I'm using servicemix-http with SSL.

I have generated the keyStore:
    keytool -genkey -keypass password -keystore keystoredemo -storepass
password
And i generated the trustStore:
    keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore keystoretrust -file somename.cer
-v

In the xbean.xml configuration file:

<http:ssl>
                    <http:sslParameters
keyStore="/home/jlbarrera/keystoredemo"
                                        keyStorePassword="password"

trustStore="/home/jlbarrera/keystoretrust"
                                        trustStorePassword="password"/>
                    </http:ssl>

But i get the next error:

   "No trusted certificate found"

Somebody know the problem? The route of files it's mistaken? I try with
file:///route... too. I'm using Linux filesystem..

Thanks!

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Seems to be fine.

Did you import the certificate from the webservice in the truststore of
your servicemix provider endpoint. I can't see it exactly from your mails.

WS-> create key / export cert / import in ws truststore (if selfsigned)
http provider -> import ws cert in the truststore.

That would be the scenario if you didn't enable client certificate
authentication on the web service. So your client trusts the ws and the
connection is secure.

That should work without fail.

What you also should do is to start the jvm with this property:
-Djavax.net.debug=ssl

That gives you a more information on what happend.

You can post it if it still fails.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
jlbarrera wrote:
> ok, i think that the error can be because the keystore isn't found!, because
> i write a badly route and i received the same error.
>
> I have seen in the documentation: keyStore="classpath:keystore"
> But...Where i should place my keystore file?
>
> i try to put keystore in conf folder, and i publish the keystore throw http
> in a web server but always i get the same error.
> keyStore="http://server/keystore"  <-- fail
Didn't seen this before. Post the complete configuration of your
provider endpoint.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.
first to all, thank you for your help, it's beging very useful for me.

Ok this is my provider configuration at this moment, because i changed it
many times:

<!-- PROVIDER -->

                <http:endpoint service="firma:VerificarFirmasService"
                               targetService="firma:VerificarFirmasService"
                               endpoint="endpointProviderFirma2"
                               interfaceName="firma:InterfazVerificarFirma"
                               soapVersion="1.1"
                               soap="true"
                               role="provider"

locationURI="https://172.19.1.75/axis/services/VerificarFirmas"

defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"

wsdlResource="https://172.19.1.75/axis/services/VerificarFirmas?wsdl">
                   <http:ssl>
                    <http:sslParameters trustStore="classpath:keystore_jl"
                                        trustStorePassword="pass"
                                        />
                    </http:ssl>

                    <http:basicAuthentication>
                        <http:basicAuthCredentials username="user"
password="pass" />
                    </http:basicAuthentication>

                </http:endpoint>

keystore_jl is generated by:

keytool -import -alias jlbarreracert -keypass pass -file vmw2000.cer
-storepass pass -trustcacerts

The certificate (vmw200.cer) is self signed, i export it by internet
explorer to a file.

Thnaks!

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.
I'm using ServiceMix 3.1,

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
I forgot to say that you have to import your server sice certificate
into your clients truststore.

--
Thomas Termin
_______________________________

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

--
Thomas Termin
_______________________________

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

--
Thomas Termin
_______________________________

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by jlbarrera <jl...@sadiel.es>.

Re: WebServices and SSL

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

Re: Need working compile instructions

Posted by "Brad Cox, Ph.D." <bc...@virtualschool.edu>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> See http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/building.html

I get exactly the same results
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step1 install
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error writing plugin descriptor

Embedded error:
/Volumes/G5-B/Java/apache-servicemix-3.1-incubating/src/build/target/classes/META-INF/maven/plugin.xml
(No such file or directory)
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 47 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 08 12:35:26 EST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 9M/17M
[INFO]

--
---
Brad J. Cox, Ph.D.

Re: Need working compile instructions

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Need working compile instructions

Posted by "Brad Cox, Ph.D." <bc...@virtualschool.edu>.
Brad Cox, Ph.D. wrote:
> [...]
> [INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
> [INFO] Using 2 extractors.
> [INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
> [INFO] Extractor for language: java found 1 mojo descriptors.
> [INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
> [INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error writing plugin descriptor
>
> Embedded error:
> /Volumes/G5-B/Java/apache-servicemix-3.1-incubating/src/build/target/classes/META-INF/maven/plugin.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 31 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 08 11:36:45 EST 2007

---
Brad J. Cox, Ph.D.
Phone: 703 361 4751
http://giglite.org