Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Java Programmer <jp...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 12:41:24 UTC

Connection timed out in little slow webservice

Hello,
My problem concerns some timeouts which are made by long time running
process inside soap method. Fault looks like:
AxisFault
  faultSubcode:
  faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
  faultActor:
  faultNode:
  faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.net.ConnectException:
Connection timed out: connect
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
	at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154)
	at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
My webservice is doing some indexing job with Lucene search engine, I
implemented method addDocument(some args here), and send via Internet
SOAP requests. Everything looks great for time when Lucene needs some
more time to merge index, at that time it takes some more time about
(5-10sec), and I get this exception. I don't understand why AXIS
client can't connect, I thought that AXIS webservice would take a
request I wait until Lucene job is done (it have to wait anyway
because all document additions are synchronized). So why this timeout
happens, why can't wait for job done?

I try also to longer a bit timeout with
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/apiDocs/org/apache/axis/client/Call.html#setTimeout(java.lang.Integer)
but it seems to not work in my client, anybody knows why - maybe is
other way to do this?

Best regards,
Adrian