Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2005/01/10 22:28:34 UTC

Re: svn commit: r124821 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/ldap/apr_ldap_init.c

   I don't think so.  AFAICT, the only way to create an SSL connection
is with ldapssl_init(host,port,1).  Everything else would be a TLS
upgrade initiated by start_tls.

Brad

>>> Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> Monday, January 10, 2005 2:09:05
PM >>>
Brad Nicholes wrote:

>    I would suggest that all of the SDKs call ldapssl_init() rather
than
> ldap_init().  At least according to the Novell documentation,
calling
> ldapssl_init(,,0) is equivalent to calling ldap_init() and you won't
> have problem like you would if another ldap call is made between the
> calls to called ldap_init()  and ldapssl_install_routines().  It
also
> appears that start_tls() doesn't work at least on the Novell SDK if
> ldap_init()->ldapssl_install_routines() is called instead of
> ldapssl_init().

On Novell, is it possible to say ldapssl_init(host, port, 0) and then
upgrade that connection to an SSL connection later? (not TLS, but SSL)

Regards,
Graham