Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Joseph Lamoree <sl...@lamoree.com> on 2002/12/05 01:39:12 UTC

Starting with Slide

Hello.

I'm just starting out with Slide, and I want to get things up and running
successfully. Would you advise that I download & install the last Release
build, get the current source from CVS, or snag a nightly Gump build?

I ask because I've tried all three methods, and haven't had much success in
getting all the components running. It seems that each version of the
documentation that I get my hands on is referencing a version that I don't
have. Is there a secret location of current docs?

Thanks in advance.

-joseph

Re: Starting with Slide

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> I'm just starting out with Slide, and I want to get things up and running
> successfully. Would you advise that I download & install the last Release
> build, get the current source from CVS, or snag a nightly Gump build?

Fetch current sources from CVS. This version is more stable, has better
performances and implement DeltaV (versioning) and DASL (Search).

> I ask because I've tried all three methods, and haven't had much success in
> getting all the components running. It seems that each version of the
> documentation that I get my hands on is referencing a version that I don't
> have. Is there a secret location of current docs?

Current docs will be located into docs directory.
These are not completly up to date so if you fail to set it up, please
ask precise questions.

JP