Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2015/05/01 12:02:09 UTC

Re: candidate commits for 0.9.1

On 04/29/2015 05:38 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 04/27/2015 01:45 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 04/27/2015 01:14 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
>>> I also added PROTON-858 as a release blocker.
>>
>> I've been trying to get a fix proposal together for that. I'll post it
>> for review as soon as I'm reasonably confident, still seeing some issues
>> at present (not 100% sure they are related, but am assuming so).
>
> Just to update the status here. Although I have positive reviews for the
> simple patch, I have encountered some issues even with that during
> stress testing.
>
> I can't say for sure whether these are caused by my change as the test
> showing them up doesn't run long enough without the change. However
> until I know for sure I am not keen to commit it.

It turns out the issues are not related to the change nor are they in
proton, but in qpid::messaging itself. I have therefore committed the
fix now to master, and posted the optimisation suggested by Alan for
review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/33750/ (this also passes my stress
tests).

Re: candidate commits for 0.9.1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 1 May 2015 at 13:53, Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I ran the patched map fix in the original environment where the issue was first spotted.
>
> * Without the fix 4 of 10 tests failed within the first minute.
> * With the fix 0 of 20 tests failed within the first minute.
>
> This is a great candidate for 0.9.1.

..or, given thats already under vote, maybe 0.9.2, or even the
perhaps-sooner-than-expected 0.10 being sounded out on the other
thread?

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.