Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2002/10/22 09:16:24 UTC

Now available: Validator 1.0 RC1

The release candidate for Commons Validator is now available at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-validator/v1.0_rc1/

The plan is to make this release the official Validator 1.0 release after a
week for people to bang on it, and an official release vote.

Shoutouts: To my main man, Martin C, master of da Maven script and keeper
of da web stuff.  To Struts-Doctor Craig for scoring me da keys to the
source.  And to Dave the Winterman for giving us such good stuff to riff offa.

(Is there anything as pathetic as a middle-aged white guy trying to sound hip?)

James

Re: Now available: Validator 1.0 RC1

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Can this be dropped onto Struts 1.1b2 or do I need to use a nightly
> Struts build?

There have been public methods added to some classes, but that is
about it. I don't believe this causes a problem as
it does with C++, but I could be wrong.

Also, there have been a few Validator bug fixes, module fixes, in the
last week. If you are allowed to use a nightly build of Struts I would
highly recommend it ! I do.

-Rob

Re: Now available: Validator 1.0 RC1

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Can this be dropped onto Struts 1.1b2 or do I need to use a nightly
Struts build?

Thanks,
	Erik