Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Maddux, Craig" <Ma...@bvsg.com> on 2001/06/06 20:22:18 UTC

Error 500

I've gotten what seems to be a rather common error, after having reviewed
the mailing archives... but none of the solutions that seem to work for
those
other people have solved my problem.

For JSP pages, Tomcat can't find the sun/tools/javac/main.  This is, of
course,
located in the tools.jar.  So far, this is what I've done:

Specified JAVA_HOME to the root of my jdk (version 1.3, though I have tried,
and
gotten similar results, with 1.2.2).

Classpaths - I've put the necessary classpaths in.  I've moved all of the
tomcat/lib jars
over to the jdk classpath jre/lib/ext, as had been suggested previously.
I've even gone
so far as to specificy, exactly, the tools.jar file (i.e.,
c:\jdk\lib\tools.jar)

Path - I've included my jdk bin directory in the path, and have access to
javac
from any directory.

I've also tried reinstalling Tomcat, with a fresh download, and still
nothing worked.  Any
suggestions as to what to try next?

RE: Easy question??

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
.so

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

Easy question??

Posted by Brenda Mijares <mi...@iivip.com>.

Re: workers.properties Configuration??

Posted by Scott Tatum <sc...@wcom.com>.
You don't have to configure it if you are running Tomcat standalone, but
you do have to configure it if you are running Tomcat with Apache. I am not
familiar with other webservers that Tomcat can connect with.

-Scott
--
Scott Tatum || scott.tatum@wcom.com
Senior Applications Developer, Special Projects

Posted by Brenda Mijares <mi...@iivip.com>.

jni worker in workers.properties

Posted by Brenda Mijares <mi...@iivip.com>.
Has anyone configured a jni worker in the workers.properties file??

Re: In process conf with apache

Posted by Brenda Mijares <mi...@iivip.com>.
Are you using or want to use JNI??

Hemant Singh wrote:

> HI ALL:
> I tried conf apache with mod_jk.dll and it worked fine
> with tomcat But it runs as out process,
> and what i m looking for is that i do not need to run
> tomcat as separate program and apache module itself
> call it, that is in-process.
> Cheers
> Hemant

Brenda Mijares