Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Keith Hankin <ke...@addr.com> on 2004/06/15 13:30:26 UTC

Form data validation

I am trying to do jsp form validation but cannot get a solution that works. The problem occurs because my jsp files are not in the same directory as my Servlets. If I have my ControllerServlet redirect the request, all of the jsp files are interpreted relative to the directory of the ControllerServlet, however if I forward the request, I lose the original request data and cannot redisplay the data that the user entered. Is there some way that I can avoid these two problems?

RE: Form data validation

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
Your answer has more to do with Servlets/JSP programming topics in
general, rather than Tomcat in specific. So I'd recommend a forum like:

http://saloon.javaranch.com/

pick either the Servlets or JSP forums.

Re: Form data validation

Posted by Keith Hankin <ke...@addr.com>.