Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Htin Kyaw Nyo <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/02 19:30:36 UTC

Tomcat weird exception

Hello,
I have posted this earlier and I still couldnt figure out.
I am using tomcat 5.0.16, and struts1.1 and I am getting lots of warnings in
tomcat console like:

ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not reported to
parser for entity [document]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope URI is
absolute: http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope this
SYSTEM id is absolute: http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException : URI was not reported to
parser for entity [dtd]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: missing system ID, using
http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd

I have a hunch that it is complaining about struts tag libraries (*.tld) in
the WEB-INF/ tld/

I Attempted to:
===========
1. change the DTD uri in the struts--*.tld files ---> no luck
2. use local dtd (system) instead of web dtd   --> no luck
3. even  tried to change the wrong uri for dtd   --> it is still giving me
the same warning instead of file not found exception.

One more thing.
Is this issue related to tomcat version I am using?
According to requirement, I have to down-grade tomcat 5.5 to tomcat 5.0.16.
I did not get any warnings when I deployed to tomcat 5.5

Any possible reasons why I am getting these warnings? or is there anyway to
disable these warnings?

Thanks in advance,