Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/18 07:54:45 UTC

Re: Commons link Was: [VOTE] [site] New download pages

Hi Hen,

> > I think it would be useful to indicate that the Commons link is
> > different from the rest
> > e.g. by adding "..." afterwards. Or something else.
> >
> > ["..." is often used in menus to indicate that another dialog follows.]
>
> It's not different.
>
> Velocity and Tomcat also have 3 tiers, and Taglibs will in the future.

Now that you mention it, I see that DVSL is missing from the Velocity
suite.  But I'm sure it will be there when the new site goes live.  B)

First time to look at the new site, but I think a link to the nightly
builds can come in handy.
eg. http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-velocity/nightly/

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>

Re: Commons link Was: [VOTE] [site] New download pages

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hen,

> > Now that you mention it, I see that DVSL is missing from the Velocity
> > suite.  But I'm sure it will be there when the new site goes live.  B)
>
> It's not on binindex.cgi is it?

Hey, it isn't...

> Easy enough to add post-change, just not currently a downloadable option
> as far as I can tell.

Ok, thanks.  :)

> > First time to look at the new site, but I think a link to the nightly
> > builds can come in handy.
> > eg. http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-velocity/nightly/
>
> The word nightly is a bit of a farce for that link :) That's why I dropped
> the link. Last build was late in 2003.

Oops, wrong link.  I meant this one:
   http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/velocity/

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>

Re: Commons link Was: [VOTE] [site] New download pages

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Shinobu Kawai wrote:

> Hi Hen,
>
>>> I think it would be useful to indicate that the Commons link is
>>> different from the rest
>>> e.g. by adding "..." afterwards. Or something else.
>>>
>>> ["..." is often used in menus to indicate that another dialog follows.]
>>
>> It's not different.
>>
>> Velocity and Tomcat also have 3 tiers, and Taglibs will in the future.
>
> Now that you mention it, I see that DVSL is missing from the Velocity
> suite.  But I'm sure it will be there when the new site goes live.  B)

It's not on binindex.cgi is it?

Easy enough to add post-change, just not currently a downloadable option
as far as I can tell.

> First time to look at the new site, but I think a link to the nightly
> builds can come in handy.
> eg. http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-velocity/nightly/

The word nightly is a bit of a farce for that link :) That's why I dropped
the link. Last build was late in 2003.

Hen