Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Keith Seim <ke...@kjsdesigns.com> on 2003/06/23 16:28:25 UTC

oh, and did I totally screw up?

I'm trying to include FK references to TURBINE_USER... While I don't
want to extend Turbine_User, I gathered from my build errors and from
the extend turbine user tutorial that I needed to tamper with numerous
pieces of code.  What I did was:

1. Deleted ALL classes WEB-INF/classes/APP-NAME/modules/om
2. Deleted ALL sources in WEB-INF/src/APP-NAME/modules/om
3. Renamed turbine-schema.xml
4. Copied the tables of turbine-schema.xml to my project-schema.xml file

I think some (if not all) of these steps were mistakes, (I'm currently
getting but I can't figure out from the online docs I've seen how to fix
the problem much less make it work.

My current attempt at resolving the problem has two parts:

PART A (ant init):
1. restore turbine-schema.xml to conf.
2. take turbine-schema tables out of project-schema.xml
3. try ant init on restored conf
~~~> Causes out of memory exception on javac compile... but seems to
create the tables ok.

Part B (ant project-om):
1. re-rename turbine-schema.xml to become discluded
2. re-insert turbine-schema tables into project-schema (so that FKs can
link to TURBINE_USER)
3. ant project-om

So, with that 2-part 'solution' I appear to get something right, but I
feel overwhelmed; particularly with uncertainty with whether I need some
of the classes I originally deleted (1. Deleted ALL classes WEB-
INF/classes/APP-NAME/modules/om) javac error (Part A, 3.), and with
floundering attempts to relate FKs (PartB, 2.).

Any friendly advice, or references with documents I should be referring
to (I'm not sure I should have used the "extending User" documentation
for simply FK-ing user, but I can't find a FK User doc) would be
wonderful...

Thanks

Re: oh, and did I totally screw up?

Posted by Keith Seim <ke...@kjsdesigns.com>.
Hi Henning

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 04:26  AM, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you have time and/or are adventurous, you can try the
> TorqueSecurityService from Turbine 2.3-dev, which makes extension of
> all security objects quite easy.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Henning

I wish I had time, but I've got a beta release date coming up in a
couple months and I really gotta cram for it.  Thanks for the info
though, sounds like 2.3 will fill in some of the cracks I've been
falling through.

Have a good day.
Keith

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.