Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2005/07/31 21:11:52 UTC

Re: berkeleydb4.3 v.s. httpd-2.0.54

Steve Kelem wrote:

> So, when
> I configured httpd with the following script:
> ./configure \
> --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \
> --enable-cgi \
> --enable-dav \
> --enable-dav-fs \
> --enable-deflate \
> --enable-http \
> --enable-info \
> --enable-maintainer-mode \
> --enable-so \
> --enable-ssl \
> --enable-swig-bindings \
> *--with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3 \
> *
> That last line wasn't enough to tell it where the libraries are?

Unfortunately not. Interpreting the --with-berkeley-db to point out the
  library as well as the include files would potentially work for the
compile, but the code would then refuse to run unless LD_LIBRARY_PATH
was configured correctly to help the httpd binary find the library it needs.

Library finding is different on each platform, which is probably why
this is not documented in the httpd compile docs. It is very frustrating
though to be in the position where it should work and just doesn't, so I
agree, it should be in an FAQ somewhere.

Regards,
Graham