Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com> on 2018/04/18 11:40:59 UTC

Drill on Windows

Is there any reason why Drill does not run on Windows as standalone? I can
only see a windows batch file for sqlline.

Will it not work if we get the shell scripts translated to windows as
cmd/batch files?

Regards,
Rahul

--
_*** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the named addressee then you should not

Re: Drill on Windows

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.
There is a 'run' option provided with the script to achieve this, ignore my
previous mail.

  # Use this when launching Drill from your own script that manages the
  # process, such as (roll-your-own) YARN, Mesos, supervisord, etc.

- Rahul

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 10:53 PM, Rahul Raj <rahul.raj@option3consulting.com

Re: Drill on Windows

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.

Re: Drill on Windows

Posted by Timothy Farkas <tf...@mapr.com>.
Thanks everyone,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the inputs.
>
> Tim, would really appreciate if you could get the docker image done.
>
> Regards,
> Rahul
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM, scott <tc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Tim,
> >
> > As it turns out, I was just out there looking for an official docker
> image
> > today, and was a little disappointed there wasn't one. It's not that hard
> > to make my own, but always preferable to me to use an official image
> where
> > I can just control it using parameters.
> >
> > Would be much appreciated if you built one.
> >

> > Scott
> >

> > On 04/19/2018 11:21 AM, Timothy Farkas wrote:
> >
> >> Rahul / Chris,
> >>
> >> The easiest way to do this would be to create a docker container for
> >> Drill. Also it looks like Docker leverage's Windows 10's linux
> subsystem so
> >> docker images don't run in a VM https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.hanselman.com_blog&d=DwIBaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=4eQVr8zB8ZBff-yxTimdOQ&m=DIQzoSbv5xeatvKHpNj9ly2AxFYhVDfJTqqfPZksg6w&s=3egN79Un6ZdskTbq_OKxqdFG9GcXJNpspPLGbtV0pj8&e=
> >> /DockerAndLinuxContainersOnWindowsWithOrWithoutHyperVVirtualM
> achines.aspx.
> >> So you get support for running on Windows 10 for free with no
> performance
> >> penalty. Plus everyone expects software to be package in docker images
> >> these days anyway.
> >>
> >> Currently, there is no official drill docker image. If you're
> interested,
> >> let me know, and I can create a Jira and make one. I'm pretty bored
> right
> >> now and need something to do anyway :).
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tim
> >>
> >> ___

<cut>

Re: Drill on Windows

Posted by Chris Cunningham <cu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

wrote:

> Thanks for the inputs.
>
> Tim, would really appreciate if you could get the docker image done.
>
> Regards,
> Rahul
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM, scott <tc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Tim,
> >
> > As it turns out, I was just out there looking for an official docker
> image
> > today, and was a little disappointed there wasn't one. It's not that hard
> > to make my own, but always preferable to me to use an official image
> where
> > I can just control it using parameters.
> >
> > Would be much appreciated if you built one.
> >

> > Scott
> >

> > On 04/19/2018 11:21 AM, Timothy Farkas wrote:
> >
> >> Rahul / Chris,
> >>
> >> The easiest way to do this would be to create a docker container for
> >> Drill. Also it looks like Docker leverage's Windows 10's linux
> subsystem so
> >> docker images don't run in a VM https://www.hanselman.com/blog
> >> /DockerAndLinuxContainersOnWindowsWithOrWithoutHyperVVirtualM
> achines.aspx.
> >> So you get support for running on Windows 10 for free with no
> performance
> >> penalty. Plus everyone expects software to be package in docker images
> >> these days anyway.
> >>
> >> Currently, there is no official drill docker image. If you're
> interested,
> >> let me know, and I can create a Jira and make one. I'm pretty bored
> right
> >> now and need something to do anyway :).
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tim