Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jack Chan <ja...@netvigator.com> on 2006/04/02 10:57:34 UTC

ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.

Dear All
I'm trying to install Ant into my windows XP workstation, firstly I had
extract the ANT file into my c:\ant folder, then from the environment
setting, I had create "ANT_Home" with value point to c:\ant, also I had
installed Java properly in my workstation with right value on system
environment.
Now when I type "ant" from the console, it just keep saying

"ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set
ANT_HOME."

I had double checked that the environment variable had set correctly, but it
just don't work!! Can anyone please give me a hand on this, as I got to get
ANT up and running for my business project.

Thanks

Jack

RE: ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.

  $ echo %ANT_HOME%

If the above returns the value of ANT_HOME then we can assume that your
ANT_HOME definition is good - but if it returned %ANT_HOME% then we know
that your definition isn't good.

/Steve.

RE: ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.

> I had create "ANT_Home" with value point to c:\ant,

> Now when I type "ant" from the console, it just keep saying "ANT_HOME
> is set incorrectly or ant could not be located.
> Please set ANT_HOME."

Try defining the environment variable "ANT_HOME", not "ANT_Home".

/Steve.

RE: ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.