Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 02:42:31 UTC

HBase v0.19.3 with Hadoop v0.19.1?

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is Hbase 0.19.3 release stable for a production cluster?
2. Can it be deployed over Hadoop v0.19.1?

..amandeep

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Re: HBase v0.19.3 with Hadoop v0.19.1?

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
Hbase can be used on the same hadoop release as its version so hbase 0.19.x
with hadoop 0.19.x, hbase 0.20.x with hadoop 0.20.x
I thank production can be considered safe with version 1.0 we are not there
yet.
With that said there are many using hbase in production here are a few :
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy
0.19.3 is considered the be the latest stable version we have released
There is lots of help on this list and the irc for hbase
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/irc.html if you come across any problems
please let us know if we can help.

Billy

"Amandeep Khurana" <am...@gmail.com> wrote in