Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 15:19:34 UTC

SimpleConsumer kafka.api.OffsetRequest.LatestTime() not working ?

Simple Consumer is *not processing* messages when it's offset in
kafka.api.OffsetRequest.*LatestTime()* .

If i use *EarlierTime()  *offset method it is processing from start, which
is as expected.

But when I try for *LatestTime()* offset, no reaction from simple consumer
and I am referring below simpleconsumer example:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+SimpleConsumer+Example

Regards,
Rafeeq S
*(“What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.” )*

Re: SimpleConsumer kafka.api.OffsetRequest.LatestTime() not working ?

Posted by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all.

LatestTime() is working as expected.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.