Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/23 07:17:54 UTC

[Axis2] Running attachments test cases

Hi,
As most of us aware there is a need for Java Mail & Activation jars for
attachments to work. We are using the Gerenimo implementations for the
moment to compile the classes( form Maven build). But since those impl's are
not complete yet we cannot use them to run the test cases. To run the test
cases we need to have the Sun implementations.

It would be nice if we can come up with a way, which will exclude the
attachment test cases if Sun Java mail & Activation is not present in the
system. We can define a repository location for example "j2ee/jars" for the
user to put sun Java mail & activation. Problem boils down to exclude some
test cases if a jar is not present at a repository location. Remember we
cannot check whether a class from that jar is present or not, cause Gerenimo
activation & Mail will be there with all the classes. We have to check which
jar is present. Can we do this with Maven. If so a a help or a pointer will
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
~Thilina

"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2] Running attachments test cases

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK there is trouble declaring dependancies with maven in tis case

1) If you do not add the j2ee jars .. they are not in the classpath
2) if you add them .. the build fails when they are not there

We need a way to declare a *optional dependancy* with maven .. I do
not know how to yet
Can anybody give us a pointer?
Thanks
Srinath