Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Di Li <di...@ca.ibm.com> on 2015/10/28 19:11:45 UTC

How to recover from an aborted rolling upgrade

Hello folks,

I was testing rolling upgrade in Ambari 2.1.0. During the rolling upgrade,
a node went offline, causing the rolling upgrade to print a message saying
upgrade aborted, but the rolling upgrade actually kept on going.  My RU
run actually reached the finalize stage later on.

With this observation, I have two questions.
1. Is this by design to allow the RU to continue even when it printed the
message about upgrade aborted?
2. How do we recover from an aborted rolling upgrade? I suspect I  can't
really finalize the ru with part of it aborted , and not sure if I can
downgrade it with one host offline.

P.S
        I found AMBARI-11596 that sort of touch on aborted rolling
upgrade. But I am not sure if the JIRA is related to the observation I
had.

Thank you.

Di Li
InfoSphere BigInsights