Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/21 21:17:32 UTC

Error Using select tag To Create Drop-Down Menu

I am doing testings step by step. I simply want to add
a drop-down menu feature to something that works OKay.
I am a newbie to struts. I do not know where to look
for my mistakes when I encounter problems.
Something is wrong in my .jsp page. This .jsp page had
worked fine before <html:select>...</html:select>
tags were added. The error message is:

code:

2003-07-21 01:24:51
StandardWrapperValve[action]:Servlet.service() for
servlet action threw
exceptionorg.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot
find bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

Here is the source code of my MainMenu.jsp:

code:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld"
prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld"
prefix="bean" %>
<jsp:useBean id="LogonBean" scope="request"
class="resources.version1.LogonBean" />
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE><bean:message key="title.mainmenu" />
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
	<bean:message key="heading.mainmenu" />	<p>
<bean:message key="label.userType" />:
<b><jsp:getProperty name="LogonBean"
property="userType" /></b>
        <B>State: </B>
                       property="value"
                       labelProperty="label" />

</BODY>
</HTML>

In the LogonBean.java, I inserted in the
setParameters(....) method the following code:

code:

public void setParameters( HttpServletRequest request
){   userID = request.getParameter("userID");
password = request.getParameter("password");
ArrayList states = new ArrayList();   states.add(new
LabelValueBean("Virginia", "VA"));   states.add(new
LabelValueBean("Maryland", "MD"));   states.add(new
LabelValueBean("Ohio", "OH"));   states.add(new
LabelValueBean("Rode Island", "RI"));   states.add(new
LabelValueBean("New York", "NY"));
request.setAttribute("STATES", states);}