Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/06 07:03:06 UTC

Re: [SANDBOX] Need Help Building A Sandbox Site

--- On Sun, 3/28/10, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adrian Crum wrote:
> > --- On Sun, 3/28/10, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>
> wrote:
> <ra...@gmail.com>
> >> sub-project
> update
> >> the
> here:

> command
> >> downloaded
> project, then
> >> ran a
> supposed to
> >> do now.
> appreciated!

> mvn site

> site:deploy

> components
> >> locally, but
> (pom
> >> etc.) is set
> command
> >> asked me for
> that
> >> didn't work.
> >> settings.xml

> <id>people.apache.org</id>
> >>>>

> <username>psteitz</username>
> >>>>

> <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
> >>>>

> <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>

> your shell
> >> account
> you
> >> are
> stuck in
> >> a loop that repeatedly asked me for my password.
> Previously,
> >> it just failed to log in and then exited.
> >> I think it requires the password a few times (say
> two or
> >> three) but
> >> really proceeds. Is it stuck more than three times
> in the
> >> loop ?
> >
> > I just tried it again. It asked for my password six
> times, then failed with an auth error.
> >

> What was the auth error and what version of maven are you
> using?
> Sorry I forgot about the ssh agent compat issue with
> earlier
> versions of m2. I had to upgrade to 2.2.1 to get ssh
> deploys to work.

Below...

scp://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert - Session
: Connection refused
scp://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert - Session
: Disconnecting
scp://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert - Session
: Disconnected
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error uploading site

Embedded error: Cannot connect. Reason: Auth fail
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error uploading site
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:6
0)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error uploading site
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteDeployMojo.execute(SiteDeployMojo.j
ava:215)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:490)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication.AuthenticationException: Cannot
 connect. Reason: Auth fail
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.AbstractJschWagon.openConne
ctionInternal(AbstractJschWagon.java:264)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.openConnection(AbstractWagon.jav
a:105)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.connect(AbstractWagon.java:207)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.connect(AbstractWagon.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteDeployMojo.execute(SiteDeployMojo.j
ava:184)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:451)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:149)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.AbstractJschWagon.openConne
ctionInternal(AbstractJschWagon.java:236)
        ... 23 more
[INFO] Total time: 43 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Apr 05 21:59:46 PDT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 13M/31M

Re: [SANDBOX] Need Help Building A Sandbox Site

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the email is pretty much unreadable
<snip/>

+1, after some threshold, removing content in the reply has more value
than retaining it.

Having read it in gmail helped the cause to some extent.

-Rahul

> but I generated und uploaded the site
> without problems
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

<snap/>

Re: [SANDBOX] Need Help Building A Sandbox Site

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/04/2010, Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > --- On Tue, 4/6/10, Phil Steitz
>  > <ph...@gmail.com>
>  > wrote:
>  > > Adrian Crum wrote:
>  > > > I just noticed something interesting: it doesn't
>  > > matter what I put in the <id> child element of
>  > the
>  > > <server> element of settings.xml - maven still
>  > tries
>  > > to log into people.apache.org. It acts like the
>  > settings
>  > > file is being ignored.
>  > > >
>  > > The settings file is just to associate the logical
>  > server
>  > > name with
>  > > your user id and the config settings in that file.
>  > > The sandbox
>  > > parent pom specifies people.apache.org as the
>  > deployment
>  > > host and
>  > > associates the "id" apache.website with that host.
>  > So
>  > > it is always
>  > > going to try to deploy there, regardless of what you
>  > have
>  > > in
>  > > server.xml.  The info in server.xml is to fill in
>  > your
>  > > username -
>  > > like a -l or a you@ in front of the ssh command.
>  > >
>  > > What OS are you running? Where do you have the
>  > settings.xml
>  > > file
>  > > deployed locally?  Should be in the .m2 directory
>  > > (peer of
>  > > "repository").  Also, the <server> entry for
>  > > apache.website needs to
>  > > be nested in a <servers> list.  Sorry this is
>  > a
>  > > pain to get working.
>  >
>  > I'm running Windows XP. The settings file is in
>  > maven/config. The <server> element is a child of
>  > <servers>. I don't have a .m2 directory.
>

> I just ran mvc site:deploy again, and now I get a different error message:
>

>  scp://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert - Session
>
> : Opened
>  Executing command: mkdir -p /www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert/.
>  Executing command: mkdir -p /www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert/.
>  Executing command: scp -t "/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert/./wag
>  on2387570294028293609.zip"
>   Transfer error: java.io.IOException: SCP terminated with error: 'scp: /www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert/./wagon2387570294028293609.zip: Permission denied'
>   Transfer error: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error occurred while deploying './wagon2387570294028293609.zip' to remote repository: scp://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert: SCP terminated with error: 'scp: /www/commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-convert/./wagon238757029

Probably because you are not in the commons unix group:

$ list_unix_group.pl -u adrianc
committers
ofbiz

I think the PMC chair may be able to add you to the group using the script:

     modify_unix_group.pl

Re: [SANDBOX] Need Help Building A Sandbox Site - Kinda Sorta Resolved :/

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Phil! I just checked and the site is updated.

-Adrian

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Note that you can use 140.211.11.10:80 as an *.apache.org/* web proxy
to see your site on p.a.o before it gets synched.

HTH,
Matt

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.