Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastian Rembisz <sa...@parasoft.com.pl> on 2002/07/03 10:03:02 UTC

small tomcat embedded installation

Hi.
Can I find somewhere set of steps to propere tomcat embedded installation ?

I want to embede tomcat in my application and use
org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded class, but i want to my program be as
simple,
as possible. It will run under windows so i want just one exec which startup
my web application.  Is it nessesery to add all tomcat installation with for
example bin subdirectory, or I can just copy serveral jars if so which ones.

I want also add my own java distribution, so it can be just jre or it have
to be all jdk because i saw that start scripts adding tools.jar from jdk to
classpath.  Is this jar nessesery in embedded installation?