Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Abhinav Parashar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/16 17:55:06 UTC

Need help with external visual signatures

Hi,

I am new to pdfbox and looking for a solution to Sign a PDF externally (on
a different server) along with visualisation. Below are the steps followed
to do this with iText :

1- Visualisation has to be created first on the PDF for signature. Reserve
space for "Contents" within the signature.
2- Send hash of the updated document with visualisation to the server for
Signing.
3- Replace "Contents" value with retrieved PKCS7.

Could not make this work or found any example to do this with PDFBox. Any
help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Abhinav Parashar

Re: Need help with external visual signatures

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 16.06.2016 um 19:55 schrieb Abhinav Parashar:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to pdfbox and looking for a solution to Sign a PDF externally (on
> a different server) along with visualisation. Below are the steps followed
> to do this with iText :
>
> 1- Visualisation has to be created first on the PDF for signature. Reserve
> space for "Contents" within the signature.
> 2- Send hash of the updated document with visualisation to the server for
> Signing.
> 3- Replace "Contents" value with retrieved PKCS7.
>
> Could not make this work or found any example to do this with PDFBox. Any
> help will be appreciated.
Hi,

Please have a look at the CreateVisibleSignature example in the source
code download. This is a very simple example, you'll have to alter it
for your own purpose (external signing). The example does not support
the n2 layer (text), only images.

Tilman