Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Philippe Vijghen <Ph...@forem.be> on 2000/06/29 15:16:14 UTC

ClassPath for Java extensions??

Hi,

I am in the following situation:
	* Xalan is called from a java environmenent (servlet-based app server)
	* stylesheet wants to access some Java code

However, I get continuously the following message:
	> Call to extension element failed: be.acse.xsl.extensions.Lookup

...although the mentionned class is available from the calling servlet
environment.

Note that I have the same message for the samples provided with Xerces like
for .\samples\Extensions\3numlistJava.xsl
The only way I found to make it work is to put salansamples.jar in
jre/lib/ext
It doesn't work simply by compiling MyCounter.java and having the resulting
class
file somewhere in the class path...? :(

The question is:

	Q which are the constraints on the way for resolving classes :
	  is it the traditional jre/lib/ext + CLASSPATH or is it a custom

Thanks in advance for your support,

	Philippe
---
Philippe Vijghen  phv@acse.be
Project Manager   +32 (2) 705.70.21
ACSE s.a.         Bd Général Wahis 29. B-1030 Bruxelles. Belgium