Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/01 09:09:21 UTC

change of module names or repositories

Hi all,

if you change the name of a CVS module or some code base switches from
CVS to SVN or any other change like this happens, we need to remove
the existing working copy from brutus.

In velocity's case we had:

> svn --quiet update --non-interactive jakarta-velocity
svn: 'jakarta-velocity' is not a working copy

since Gump saw the jakarta-velocity dir and thus tried an update
instead of a checkout.

Since not everybody has access to brutus, please make a lot of noise
if you make any change like this.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: change of module names or repositories

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
sebb wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:09:21 +0100, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>if you change the name of a CVS module or some code base switches from
>>CVS to SVN or any other change like this happens, we need to remove
>>the existing working copy from brutus.
>>
>>In velocity's case we had:
>>

>>>svn --quiet update --non-interactive jakarta-velocity
>>
>>svn: 'jakarta-velocity' is not a working copy
>

> Could Gump detect the rename - or this error - automatically, and send
> a suitable warning to a Gump mailing list as a backup?
>
> Just wondering.

well, Gump could not only detect the rename but perform a checkout
instead of an update.

Again, another bug that needs fixing.

--
Stefano.

Re: change of module names or repositories

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:

> It is supposed to be building with the log4j 1.2 version.

Not until my commit which may have been early enough for the current
run.

Stefano reverted your commit on Monday (you probably should subscribe
to the commits list ;-) because back then Geir thought he could adapt
Velocity to CVS HEAD.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
It still looks like jakarta-velocity is building the CVS head of Log4j..  It
is supposed to be building with the log4j 1.2 version.

ERic