Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/30 07:57:21 UTC

[SCA 1.4] Schedule, Features, Branching, etc

I have created a wiki page [1] to help us centralize and track
contents for the Java SCA 1.4 release. I'm going to start looking into
the commit logs to check the new features, but feel free to update the
wiki as desired. As for branching, I was wondering if this comming
weekend (Nov 1st) would be a good time for branching the contents from
trunk to a 1.4 branch.

For users, if you have any specific JIRAs you might want to get to the
release, please feel free to mark them to our 1.4 release, and as much
as possible, help as with patches

Thoughts ?

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+1.4

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [SCA 1.4] Schedule, Features, Branching, etc

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Ram, thanks for jumping to help... some good resources :

1.4 Release Status
   - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+1.4

Making releases documentation
   - http://tuscany.apache.org/making-releases.html

As for the suggestions, I guess others have all made good suggestions,
I'd recommend

- Stabilize trunk
- Make sure all modules are going to a distribution (use wiki to
document progress)
- Make sure distribution is properly ignoring modules that should not
be on the release
- Verify Legal files

once this is in good shape

- Go trough the list of samples and make sure they are working fine
(use wiki to document progress)

This should keep you (us) busy for couple days.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Yes, I think we are in a good shape to create a release candidate and get
people to try it out.

Can I can go ahead and create a release candidate now, as I was waiting for
the confirmation on modules
that needs to be included/excluded for distribution.

Not sure if we can deal with the inclusion/exclusion of modules after we
create a release candidation. Please suggest.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [SCA 1.4] Schedule, Features, Branching, etc

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Branch created, please see details on the following thread.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/nvfncuozzkljvhnv

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dave