Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by lokesh mittal <lo...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/04 08:45:28 UTC

Regarding the Lucene Proximity Search

Hi

I want to know how the proximity search in lucene works? Does lucene
supports the nested proximity search?

Thanks
Lokesh

Re: Regarding the Lucene Proximity Search

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

If you are writing your queries programmatically, (without using a query parser), nested proximity is possible with SpanQuery family. Actually there exists surround query parser for this. Please see o.a.lucene.queryparser.surround.parser.QueryParser

Proximity search uses position information. You can restrict how many other terms can exist between query terms.

Ahmet