Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 18:43:30 UTC

Use svnpubsub for whimsy deployment

The projects.a.o and reporter.a.o apps use svnpubsub for deployment of updates.
This seems to work pretty well.

I wonder if the same would work for whimsy.a.o?

Re: Use svnpubsub for whimsy deployment

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 October 2015 at 18:02, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:43 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The projects.a.o and reporter.a.o apps use svnpubsub for deployment of updates.
>> This seems to work pretty well.
>>
>> I wonder if the same would work for whimsy.a.o?
>
> I like the idea.  And if somebody could point me to code and/or
> documentation on how it works on either of those sites, I would be
> glad to do the work to set this up on whimsy-vm.

They use their own version of svnpubsub, which I would not recommend,
as the service does not include the retries and fallback supported by
the official svnpubsub release.

Their version is documented near the end of

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/STRUCTURE.txt

The code is at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/scripts/cronjobs/pubsubber.py

==

The official svnpubsub code (as used by infra)  is at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/server-side/svnpubsub

Have a look at the files

svnwcsub.conf.example
svnwcsub.py

However if Infra are going to be maintaining the host, they may wish
to do the installation so it is done in the way that they expect.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.