Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Xiao, Hui" <hu...@ugsplm.com> on 2004/01/28 19:25:48 UTC

How to invoke "Message" style services passing a DOM Document

Dear experts,

I am trying to invoke the modified MessageService (see below) using

     call.invoke(mydoc);

where mydoc is of Document type. However, I got a compilation error
because the above signature doesn't exist in the
org.apache.axis.client.Call definition.

Is there anybody who knows how to invoke my service passing a DOM
Document object? Thanks a lot,

Hui Xiao

package samples.message ;

import org.w3c.dom.Document;

/**
 * Simple message-style service sample.
 */
public class MessageService {
    /**
     * Service method, which simply echoes back any XML it receives.
     *
     * @param elems an array of DOM Elements, one for each SOAP body
element
     * @return an array of DOM Elements to be sent in the response body
     */
    public Document echoElements(Document doc) {
        return doc;
    }
}

Re: How to invoke "Message" style services passing a DOM Document

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Hi ...

Not an expert though just telling you some fundas.

the invoke() method expects normal objects like int , String etc. ..
Document may not  be able to send as a parameter ( Dunno   .. I say MAY NOT BE)

So just try the typeMapping and beanMapping options available in the package.

Read the User Guide for that .

Regards
Dhanush

[...]

Disclaimer