Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/03/25 16:51:32 UTC

ApacheCon EU 2006 in Dublin

FYI, I've just submitted two session proposals for the ApacheCon in
Dublin this year. The first one is a "Getting started with FOP" style
session, the other is more or less the same I gave last year giving
optimization tips and an overview over FOP's architecture. We'll see if
one or even both get accepted. I'm looking forward to seeing as many
Foppies (or XML Graphics devs in general) as possible there. Christian
already told me he might be going.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: ApacheCon EU 2006 in Dublin

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 25.03.2006 19:24:03 Jay Bryant wrote:
> I can't get a proposal ready for the conference in Dublin, but perhaps I
> could try one for the next conference.

That'd be great! I can't tell, yet, whether I'll be at the US show later
this year.

> I could do something like How to
> Get Started with FOP or Solving Real Business Problems with FOP. Trouble is,
> I can't find any mention of an upcoming conference. Anyone know when that
> might be?

Probably Nov/Dec 2006 somewhere in the US. I don't think the place and
date is fixed, yet. They are busy preparing the Dublin show.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 25.03.2006 19:15:58 Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2006, at 7:51 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > FYI, I've just submitted two session proposals for the ApacheCon in
> > Dublin this year. The first one is a "Getting started with FOP" style
> > session, the other is more or less the same I gave last year giving
> > optimization tips and an overview over FOP's architecture. We'll
> > see if
> > one or even both get accepted. I'm looking forward to seeing as many
> > Foppies (or XML Graphics devs in general) as possible there. Christian
> > already told me he might be going.
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki
>
> That sounds good. As a future session proposal, it might be good to
> work in some sort of 'how to work FOP into your project...

That'll be part of the "Getting started with FOP" session.

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Mar 25, 2006, at 7:51 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> FYI, I've just submitted two session proposals for the ApacheCon in
> Dublin this year. The first one is a "Getting started with FOP" style
> session, the other is more or less the same I gave last year giving
> optimization tips and an overview over FOP's architecture. We'll
> see if
> one or even both get accepted. I'm looking forward to seeing as many
> Foppies (or XML Graphics devs in general) as possible there. Christian
> already told me he might be going.
>
> Jeremias Maerki

That sounds good. As a future session proposal, it might be good to
work in some sort of 'how to work FOP into your project...

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet