Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru> on 2000/05/17 11:51:59 UTC

Russian language

Hi!

Sorry,  I'm  new  to XML related technologies... How can I have my XML
documents Windows 1251 encoded?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1251"?>

this  string  in  .xml gives no errors and no results - the final html
and .java (in repository) contains ????? in place of russian chars.

Re[2]: Russian language

Posted by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru>.
Hello

д> The encoding info in <?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1251"?> is used for parsing xml doc. And the final converted html stream to user's brower should take an encoding.
д> I added the following line into cocoon.properties:
д> formatter.text/html.MIME-type = text/html;charset=GB2312
д> And I got Chinese characters displayed in my browser correctly.
д> Hope useful to u.

it do helps me! thanks a lot!
I'm able to create XMLs in FAR again... 8)

Re: Russian language