Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ab...@tolstoy.com on 2004/09/27 23:24:58 UTC

Is this fault interoperable?

I've included a fault response and excerpts from the WSDL
below. Will .NET and other implementations understand
this fault? If not, what do I need to do to get something
that most implementations will understand?

Note that the faultstring in the response below is empty.
However, I'll provide a human-understandable faultstring
using the following technique:

MyServiceBindingImpl {
 doSomething() {
   try {
      // code that does the actual work
   }
   catch ( MyNonAxisSpecificException e ) {
      throw new MyDetailedException( e );
   }
 }
}

MyNonAxisSpecificException will be very similar to an
AxisFault, but it won't be Axis-specific.

MyDetailedException was created by Axis, and it extends
MyBaseException which in turn extends AxisFault. A new
constructor (or similar) will be added to the axis-
generated MyDetailedException code which will take a
MyNonAxisSpecificException and fill out the various
fields, including faultstring.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Maybe it works in Axis -- but your WSDL description of the Fault message
doesn't match the contents of your Fault message. I can guarantee that it
won't interoperate with other environments.

Can you please provide us with your complete WSDL?