Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prashant Thakkar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 15:25:09 UTC

How can i configure tomcat to avoid threads error in tomcat

Hi All,

I am frequently getting this error in tomcat which stops my tomcat service.
Pl help me its urgent and costing my service as well:

I am getting bellow error in my catalina logs:
Jun 19, 2007 5:55:44 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull
SEVERE: All threads (250) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads
(250) or check the servlet status
Thanks in advance
- Prashant Thakkar

Re: How can i configure tomcat to avoid threads error in tomcat

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Prashant Thakkar" <pr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> But this is the clients application which we are running. We dont have the
> access to the servlet code. That was the the obvious reason we had
> increased
> the thread limit to 250.
>
> Other thing i would like to know is about the thread pooling. How can i
> use
> this with tomcat 5.0.28
> Below is the connector which we are using:
>
> <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
> <Connector port="8080"
>       maxThreads="250" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>       enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
>       debug="0" connectionTimeout="0"
>       disableUploadTimeout="true" />

You almost certainly don't want connectionTimeout="0".  That will tie up
threads until the browser decides to drop the connection.

Posted by Prashant Thakkar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I read an abt thread pooling on below url:
http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/webservers/apache/techtips/tomcat.html

Thanks and Regards,
-Prashant Thakkar

Posted by Andrew Miehs <an...@2sheds.de>.

Re: How can i configure tomcat to avoid threads error in tomcat

Posted by Prashant Thakkar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The application does not make database connection. Instead makes and http
request to web server to fetch content.

This web server is heavily loaded with traffic. The high end web server
configuration and optimization handles all the request quite efficiently.
(No doubt on the web server processing speed)

Thanks and Regards,
-Prashant Thakkar.

Posted by Brantley Hobbs <sb...@uga.edu>.
Prashant,