Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/02 21:58:05 UTC

newspaperTable merge with dataTable

  newspaperTable should be merged with dataTable. It should be a property of dataTable.

  <t:dataTable ....
            newspaperColumns="8"/>

  if the property is 0 or not defined, it is a normal table, otherwise render as newspaper.

  This way it can leverage all features of dataTable such as sorting and dynamic column model, etc.
  what do you think?

  Dave

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Personals

Re: newspaperTable merge with dataTable

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I don't think so, but you could create a trivial subclass of
t:dataTable called t:newspaperTable, and change the renderer.   Then
you'd inherit all of the non-rendering behavior of t:dataTable.

As I said, this is just a workaround until someone did the work to
combine the two rendering classes properly.   But it seems like doing
so might provide a partial quick-fix.

Posted by Jesse Wilson <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Wilson <li...@gmail.com>.