Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/05/05 20:55:02 UTC

Mapping topic partition owner id to group member id?

Hi,

The consumer group command directly uses ZooKeeper (through zkUtils) to
return information about a consumer group.
Inside a /consumers/[group]/ structure member ids exist under ids/ and
owner information for each topic partition is under
owners/[topic]/[partition]/.

An example member id is "[group]_kafka-1462299650388-4b3e54e4", while its
corresponding owner id (if it's in fact an owner of some partition) is
"[group]_kafka-1462299650388-4b3e54e4-0".
I am wondering what's the best way of mapping owner id to member id and
vice versa within a consumer group.

Thanks.

Regards,
--Vahid Hashemian

Re: Mapping topic partition owner id to group member id?

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
I forgot to mention that my question is in the context of the old
consumer.

Regards,
--Vahid Hashemian