Posted to user@stdcxx.apache.org by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/21 11:35:00 UTC

Problem building stdcxx on Linux

Hi. I'm building stdcxx 4.1.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and I've
encountered a small problem.

I've untarred the release into a root directory which is

/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3

and then, foillowing the instructions in the readme I change directory to
there and launch a build via

$ gmake BUILDIR=/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/Release BUILDTYPE=12d CONFIG=
gcc.config

Intending to build an optimised, thread-safe shareable library. It does
basically work. However, there is no "Release" directory created as the
readme suggests that there would be. As best can tell teh build is being
done in the /home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3/build directory
instead.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.

Re: Problem building stdcxx on Linux

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.
You are absolutely right. Now it works. Thanks.

Geoff.

Posted by Liviu Nicoara <ni...@roguewave.com>.