Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Parvat Singh Ranawat <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 15:59:05 UTC

check box should behaves as radio button

Hi,

Thanks to all for helping me in Struts problem
here now i got stucked in one problem

Here i need to show check box in UI but this must behaves like Radio button
so how to do that i wrote java script to do that but it is not working
perfectly

please help me out
Thanks in advance

Shakti Singh

Re: Struts and Jsessionid control

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca> wrote:

> My understanding is that when the users turn off cookies, struts
> automatically encodes the session id and saves it in the URL, using
> encodeURL.
>
> Now, I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent this (encoding the
> session) so that when the users disable cookies sessions simply don't
> work.

Sessions are handled by the servlet container, and IIRC, the
specification requires the container to handle sessions without
cookies.  Check your container's documentation, and refer to the
servlet spec for the version you're using.

--
Wendy

Struts and Jsessionid control

Re: check box should behaves as radio button

Posted by Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca>.
The problem with checkboxes doesn't rest with struts but with the http
protocol.  See, when a checkbox is checked, data is sent to the
application.  When the checkbox is unchecked, nothing is sent to the
app... but the original value is retained (since it was checked earlier).

A possible solution, manually check if the checkbox data appears in the
POST parameters.  If not, then you know that the checkbox is not checked
and you can do a actionForm.checkboxname = null OR you set that up in your
ActionForm's reset method.

Hope this helps.
Aladin