Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Moran <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/02 20:08:16 UTC

Name Reset in ContentImpl.create()?

Hi,
    I apologize if this observation has been made
before or if I'm wrong about this.  But it looks like
the name I'm specifying for my NodeRevisionDescriptor
is being reset in Content.create() (The form that
takes in a SlideToken, String, NodeRevisionDescriptor
and NodeRevisionContent).  I poked around a bit in
1.0.16's ContentImpl.java and it appears to be
happening in the section whose comment reads "set the
display name (in case of copy)."
    I can get around this by resetting the name after
the call to Content.create() and then re-storing the
descriptor using Content.store().  But I'd prefer just
to call Content.create() if possible.  Would it cause
any problems if ContentImpl.create() were modified to
set the descriptor's name only if it weren't already
specified?

Just wondering,
-kevin

Re: Name Reset in ContentImpl.create()?

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Sounds like a good idea, try it and submit a patch if it works.

Dirk