Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/10/24 14:06:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Change the UI framework for the GUI application

Hi all,

today we noticed that JavaXF is GPL 2.0 (With classpath exception) licensed.

As we don’t want to jump through all the hoops needed to release this in an Apache project, we are planning on switching the UI framework we are basing everything on.

Any suggestions?

We also might consider building a Web-based application instead … personally I’m open to all.

However, I would really like feedback that’s not based on having heard something is cool but having first-hand experience with it. And even better if you’re willing to help execute the migration.

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Change the UI framework for the GUI application

Posted by Ben Hutcheson <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominik,

That would certainly be interesting.

I started to briefly look into GraphQL for the OPC-UA server. I'll have a
bit more of a look this week and we can build upon it afterwards.

Ben

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de>.
Hi,

in case we choose Angular as the random front end, I'd also be willing to help whenever I find some time! It could also be interesting to configure the Web UI for microfrontend integration, e.g., to integrate the GUI into StreamPipes 😉

Dominik

I think I'm going to hijack Lukas' comment about using electron from a previous post.

Posted by Ben Hutcheson <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.

Posted by Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>.
Hello,

--
*CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
*GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,*

*FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI*
*Ing. César García*

*Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

*Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

*Email: support.aan.automation@siemens.com