Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jay Vee <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 10:09:53 UTC

Problem starting service (error: The network name cannot be found)

I believe I have successfully created a service (not sure how to tell, but
it gave no errors).

When I run in console mode as below I get:

.\MyServer.exe //TS//MyServer start

I get this error:

The network name cannot be found.

What does this mean?

I can run the app with:
  $java -jar MyServer.jar with no problems (this is the jar configured in
the install script).

I am not doing anything network related, any ideas?

J.V.

Re: Problem starting service (error: The network name cannot be found)

Posted by Greg Thomas <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 2 October 2012 09:09, Jay Vee <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe I have successfully created a service (not sure how to tell, but
> it gave no errors).

If it appears in your Services control panel applet, it's installed.
If it's not - then the installation failed.

Greg