Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com> on 2011/01/25 17:31:31 UTC

Lucene on Multi-Processor/Core machines

Hello there,
I was looking for best practices for indexing/searching on a
multi-processor/core machine but could not find any specific material on
that.  Do you think it is a good idea to create a guide/how-to for that
purpose?  It would be very helpful for many people in todays world,
where almost all the machines come with multi cores and optionally
multi-processors.

regards
-siraj

Re: Lucene on Multi-Processor/Core machines

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
This is some older stuff I have done, likely still fairly relevant. I
would say that today things are _better_ than these results for Lucene
multithreading / multicore. :-)
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/lucene-concurrent-search-performance.html
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/simultaneous-threaded-query-lucene.html
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/04/lucene-indexing-performance-benchmarks.html