Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sven Ehret <sv...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/23 13:36:50 UTC

No SBL, RBL, SURBL etc. checks

Hello List,

I installaed a Postfix/SA Mailrelay for one of our clients and it's
performing good, /except/, and this could be critical, there are no
SBL, RBL, SURBL or similar checks made. This leads to inacceptable low
scorings and could be a showstopper. What may I missing? I thought of
firewall restrictions, but one only needs to open DNS for these
features, right?
Please help,
--
Sven Ehret

Re: No SBL, RBL, SURBL etc. checks

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Saturday, October 23, 2004, 4:36:50 AM, Sven Ehret wrote:
> Hello List,

> I installaed a Postfix/SA Mailrelay for one of our clients and it's
> performing good, /except/, and this could be critical, there are no
> SBL, RBL, SURBL or similar checks made. This leads to inacceptable low
> scorings and could be a showstopper. What may I missing? I thought of
> firewall restrictions, but one only needs to open DNS for these
> features, right?
> Please help,

Yes, in terms of networking all you need is DNS.

Do you have a recent version of Net::DNS?

Have you enabled network tests?

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#nettest

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: No SBL, RBL, SURBL etc. checks

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Saturday, October 23, 2004, 4:36:50 AM, Sven Ehret wrote:
> I installaed a Postfix/SA Mailrelay for one of our clients and it's
> performing good, /except/, and this could be critical, there are no
> SBL, RBL, SURBL or similar checks made. This leads to inacceptable low
> scorings and could be a showstopper. What may I missing? I thought of
> firewall restrictions, but one only needs to open DNS for these
> features, right?
> Please help,

Hi Sven,
Don't know if Net::DNS freshness or enabling network tests
helped, but if not and you are using SpamAssassin 3.0.1 or
later, then please make sure your rules are set to type
"body" and not "header," as mentioned recently.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org