Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> on 2020/09/28 17:55:14 UTC

Precommit job fails to write comments in the GitHub pull requests

Apache Hadoop developers,

After YETUS-994, the jenkins job updates the commit status instead of
writing a comment to the pull request. It requires an OAuth token with
write access to "repo:status" but now there is no such token for
Apache Hadoop. I asked the infra team to create a token:

For now, I think there 4 options to get the information:

1. Attach a patch to the JIRA instead of GitHub
2. Update the Jenkinsfile for a while (Sample PR:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/2346)
3. Search the job and get the comment from
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-multibranch/
4. Create a JIRA to update the Jenkinsfile to use 0.12.0 instead of
main. (JDK11 javadoc support is broken in Yetus 0.12.0)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Akira

Re: Precommit job fails to write comments in the GitHub pull requests

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
I've got a GitHub App token from the infra team and set this to the
hadoop-multibranch job.
The commit statuses in GitHub pull requests will be updated by Jenkins
and you'll need to check these statuses.

-Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
> Can we point to a commit before Yetus-994 instead of master and get away with this?

I'm fine with that approach not to breaking more.
Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17297

Thanks,
Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.