Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nitin Vira <nv...@juniper.net> on 2002/02/27 18:47:26 UTC

Debugging JSPs and Servlets

Hello,

I am trying to create an environment that will assist in debugging jsps, i think one of the basic ways to do debugging is through logging, I want to log various request coming in along with the request parameters, i checked the access loggs but they only logg GET request also it doesnt logg the parameters, is there anyway i can logg POST request too along with the request parameters, i can possibly use a filter to do it, will that be a right approach also can i configure a filter to run for all the servlets? Also is it possible to logg something like forwards to another page and including other pages, also if you have any other suggestions to add features that will assist in debugging that i can implement i will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nitin

-DEAPI compile on Linux, HELP!

Posted by Sipos Andras <s-...@freemail.hu>.
Hi,

I can't compile mod_webapp.
If somebody success compile it, please help me to compile,
or send me the binary .so files.

Thx,
Andras

My system:
----------
  Linux 7.0
  Tomcat 4.0.2
  jacarta-tomcat-commectors-4.0.2-01-src.tar.gz
  apr dovnloaded via cvs
  /bin/sh -> bash

error report:
-------------
[root@www webapp]# sh support/buildconf.sh
: command not foundh:
: command not foundh:
'upport/buildconf.sh: line 75: syntax error near unexpected
token `)
'upport/buildconf.sh: line 75: `    )

Re: Debugging JSPs and Servlets

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Nitin Vira wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:47:26 -0800
> From: Nitin Vira <nv...@juniper.net>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Debugging JSPs and Servlets
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create an environment that will assist in debugging jsps,
> i think one of the basic ways to do debugging is through logging, I want
> to log various request coming in along with the request parameters, i
> checked the access loggs but they only logg GET request also it doesnt
> logg the parameters, is there anyway i can logg POST request too along
> with the request parameters, i can possibly use a filter to do it, will
> that be a right approach also can i configure a filter to run for all
> the servlets? Also is it possible to logg something like forwards to
> another page and including other pages, also if you have any other
> suggestions to add features that will assist in debugging that i can
> implement i will greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin

Logging stuff for yourself is a nice use case for a Filter.  In fact,
there's an example filter that does this kind of thing in the examples
webapp included with Tomcat 4.  Source code is in file
"/WEB-INF/classes/filters/RequestDumperFilter.java".  You can see how it's
configured by looking at the web.xml file for this app.

Craig