Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Smalling <er...@travelocity.com> on 2008/05/14 18:57:48 UTC

jboss-packaging-maven-plugin not copying .ear

(Please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, but I cannot find anything
in the doc's, issue tickets or mailing lists.)

I am trying to create a .sar using the jboss-packaging-maven-plugin, it is
correctly adding all of the .jar dependencies per my <dependencies> tags but
there is one .ear dependency that it seems to be ignoring.  I see a lot of
examples of people including their .sar inside an .ear, but none of and .ear
inside the .sar.

What I'm expecting to have created is something like this:

myProject
 + target
    + mygroup-1.0-SNAPSHOT (the exploded sar)
       + META-INF (contains all my transitive dependency .jars)
       + mygroup.ear

What I am currently getting is a everything I need except the .ear

My sar's pom.xml is as follows:

  <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
  <artifactId>mygroup-sar</artifactId>
  <packaging>jboss-sar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>mygroup.bizsvc</groupId>
      <artifactId>bizsvc</artifactId>
      <version>6.48.0.0</version>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
     <dependency>
      <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>mygroup-ear</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>ear</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-packaging-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>

<deploymentDescriptorFile>src/main/resources/META-INF/jboss--ervice.xml</deploymentDescriptorFile>

<libDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/META-INF</libDirectory>
        </configuration>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>